New Ultra Lite Liner – More Labels Per Roll
Today we offer a new product to the market that will produce fewer roll changes, offer less down time, and provide less storage space, while lowering shipping costs, by providing a greater quantity of labels per roll at the same diameter. This is an Eco Friendly alternative for any of your label needs.
This product comes in both a direct thermal and thermal transfer barcode label materials. The problem with roll labels is that they are heavy, full density to ship, and as you run out on a roll, the printer stops until you replace the roll. This causes productivity losses that businesses cannot afford. It is rare that a business will have a dedicated person watching the printer so when the printer stops, it can stay off for quite a while making the print job last much longer and delaying a job from getting out the door.
By using this new product that has an ultra-lite liner of 1.7 mil verses the standard 2.4 mil, there is a 12% reduction in laminate construction. (A mil is a measurement equal to 1/1000 of an inch.) The cost savings come because of the reduction in material, allowing more material to be put on the same size roll reducing physical space required to stock the same amount of labels, and by creating less roll changes and fewer splices when finishing a roll.
We can categorize some of these savings into categories that include Warehouse reduction, converted label differences, transportation saving, and customer total impact.
- Using these labels will free up 33% more inventories in the same amount of space.
- Using these labels creates less warehouse waste.
Converted label differences:
- Smaller boxes or fewer needed to store.
- Reduction in packaging materials needed from boxes, shipping tape, and cores.
- A Reduction in storage space requirements within the finishing area of the plant.
- Efficiency increase with less rewinding and finishing costs in the plant.
- More labels per roll.
- Fan folded labels will have more labels per stack requiring less splicing.
- Less freight costs.
- 1.7 mil laminate weighs 10% less than 2.4 mil product.
Total impact on customers:
- Increased productivity and efficiencies due to less printer roll changes which equals less down time.
- Less splices per stock or less roll changes creating less down time.
- A Reduction in packing, logistics, and warehouse costs.
- The liner is over 30% lighter creating less landfill impact, a lower carbon footprint, and is environmentally responsible.
- Reduction in physical inventory space.
One of the most common applications for this thinner liner material is on packaging lines where a common size label roll is a 12 inch outer diameter roll on a 3 inch core. The purpose for this size roll has always been to reduce the number of times the operator has to replace the roll as boxes and packages fly down the line. A typical 4×6 roll with a 3 inch core and 12 inch outer diameter will hold 2900 labels per roll, versus the 1000 labels per roll on a standard 8 inch outer diameter roll. With this new liner, the new 3 inch core, 12 inch outer diameter can hold a whopping 4250 labels per roll. That is a 45% productivity advantage.
Keep an eye on this product as it begins to move and become a stock item for us here at The Label Rack. As demand increases, so will the sizes and quantities we will stock starting with the most common size of the 4×6 and then moving to other typical sizes.
This is one of the biggest advances for the label industry in years. Testing has proven it will work in most printers and auto apply machines. Be sure to call us for more information about this product and availability of the sizes for your requirements.
http://labelblog.labelrack.com/custom-labels-labeling/thermal-transfer-labels/new-ultra-lite-liner-more-labels-per-roll/Barcode Labels - More Is BetterAdhesive LabelsBarcode LabelsCustom Thermal LabelsDirect Thermal LabelsLabelsLabels & LabelingShipping LabelsThermal Barcode LabelsThermal LabelsThermal Printer LabelsThermal Transfer LabelsCores,Density,Diameter,Fan Folded Labels,Inventories,Label Materials,Measurement,Packaging Materials,Physical Space,Plant Efficiency,Plant Labels,Productivity Losses,Rewinding,Roll Changes,Roll Fan,Roll Labels,Shipping Costs,Shipping Tape,Splices,Storage Space Requirements,Transfer MaterialsToday we offer a new product to the market that will produce fewer roll changes, offer less down time, and provide less storage space, while lowering shipping costs, by providing a greater quantity of labels per roll at the same diameter. This is an Eco Friendly alternative for any...admin firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorLABELRACK